DRIFTSTONE CANOES, KAYAKS & RAFTS ON THE DELAWARE RIVER
2016 CANOE, KAYAK AND RAFT RENTALS
Enjoy the Delaware River in a canoe, kayak or raft as part of the Delaware camping experience.
Driftstone offers partial or whole day rentals from our dock. From here you can fish and explore several miles of the Delaware. Upstream paddling is required.
We can also transport you upstream if you prefer. Driftstone offers day trips of 4, 8 and 14 miles. All trips include short sections of Class 1 rapids. Trip prices include rental and transportation.
Canoe, kayak and raft rentals are available to registered Driftstone campers and their paid visitors only.
Boat rentals and trips are dependent on weather and river conditions.
Driftstone has the following canoes, kayaks and rafts available for rent.
|Boat||# of Passengers||Length|
|Old Town Otter Kayak||1||9’ 6”|
|Old Town Loon Kayak||1||13’ 8”|
|Old Town Loon II (2 seat) Kayak||2||16’ 0”|
|Old Town Discovery 169 Canoe||2-3||16’ 9”|
|Hyside Raft||4-6||13’ 6”|
2016 Rental Rates From Our Dock
*Registered Driftstone Campers Only*
Canoe, Single or 2 Seat Kayak
(Canoes may have 2 to 3 persons each)
5-Hour Rental – Anytime between 9 AM – 7 PM $29.00
9 AM – 7 PM (Whole Day Rental) $37.00
2016 Trip Rates (Fri, Sat, Sun and Holidays)
(Trip rates based on at least 2 people per canoe & 4 people per raft.)
Canoe, 2 Seat Kayak or Raft $35.00 per person
Singe Seat Kayak $38.00 per person
(4 miles, approx. 1 ½ - 2 hours)
Trips leave at 10 AM & 1 PM
Delaware Water Gap
(8 miles, approx. 3 – 4 hours)
Trips leave at 10 AM & 1 PM
(14 miles, approx. 5 – 7 hours)
Trips leave at 10 AM Only
Weekday Trip Discount: Monday – Thursday (Non-holidays)
Deduct $4.00 per person.
All rates are subject to 6% PA sales tax and area subject to change without notice.
Additional Trip Information
- All trips include transportation, paddles, life preservers and safety instruction.
- Paddling time for canoes and kayaks average 2.5 miles per hour but varies greatly depending on river level, wind, current and paddling skill. Rafts are much slower.
- Please sign up for trip at least 1 hour prior to departure time. Trips leave at 10 AM and 1 PM
- Full payment is required before trip departure.
- Canoe trip rates are based on 2 persons per canoe. Maximum 3 adults per canoe. Third person free if 12 or under. Raft trip rates are based on 4 persons per raft.
- Canoe and kayak trips include all day rental until 7 PM
- Rafts are to be turned in upon arrival at Driftstone. Rafts can be replaced for canoes or kayaks for the remainder of the rental period.
- Things to bring on a trip: river shoes, hat, sunblock and non-alcoholic beverages.
- No fishing equipment or pets allowed on rafts.
- Please Don’t Litter! We will provide each canoe with a litter bag. Please return it with your paddles and preservers.
Driftstone will make every effort to provide you with a safe and enjoyable canoeing or kayaking experience but you must assume responsibility for your own safety.
- All participants must be in good physical condition and able to swim.
- Life preservers are provided for all participants and should be worn at all times. It is illegal to tie life preservers to your canoe or kayak.
- Children must be at least 3 years of age, be able to swim and be properly fitted with a life preserver to go on the river.
- Children age 12 and under must wear a life preserver while on the river. (PA state law)
- All participants should wear shoes to protect against sharp rocks and other objects.
- Any person under the influence of drugs or alcohol will not be permitted to rent a canoe or kayak.
- No alcohol permitted on trips. Coolers are subject to inspection.
- Parental consent is needed for anyone under 18 years of age.
- All participants must sign a liability release form.
Driftstone uses the USGS streamflow gauge at Belvidere, NJ to monitor river levels.
Click here to see the gauge. - The blue line on the left side of the graph shows the actual river levels. During high water events a green line on the right side of the graph shows forecast river levels.
(Note: This level is only a relative measure of changing river levels; it doesn’t indicate the actual depth of the Delaware River. The actual river depth of the Delaware River near Driftstone can vary from a few inches deep to 50’ deep at low summer water levels.)
Levels of 3-5 feet: Low summer water levels. Driftstone takes canoe, kayak and raft trips upstream and rents boats from our dock at this level.
Levels of 5-7 feet: Medium summer water levels. Driftstone runs canoe and kayak trips for experienced boaters and raft trips for inexperienced boaters. No rentals from the dock at these levels.
Levels above 7 feet: High summer water levels. Driftstone does not rent boats due to the high speed of the current. Driftstone’s dock is underwater at these levels.
Levels above 22 feet: Flood stage. The Delaware River floods of 2004, 2005 and 2006 were at levels of about 24-27 feet.
Driftstone is a member of America Outdoors Association.